This web site is provided to you by West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group (WSCCG) and its IT service provider, the Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust (NSFT). Both WSCCG and NSFT are NHS organisations and as such are bound by strict NHS regulations and guidance for the handling of your personal information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is the West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group, St Andrews Castle 33 St Andrews Street South, Bury St Edmunds Suffolk IP33 3PH
Certain facilities on this web site allow you to send information to WSCCG on-line.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We only use the information you provide about yourself when using this website to answer your enquiry or to help us to improve our service to you. We do not share this information with any third party except to the extent necessary to answer your enquiry if that enquiry requires the involvement of a third party.
In line with its registration under the Data Protection Act, WSCCG will only retain the information you send for the time needed to process your enquiry or instruction. Similarly your information will only be seen by those WSCCG staff (or staff of partner organisations, or other organisations in the case of legal requirement) who need to see it in order to process your enquiry or instruction.
Please be aware that information sent across the internet can in theory be intercepted by hackers or malware. Therefore we advise that you only include the minimum personal information required for us to deal with your matter and that you do not include any personal medical information.
The information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.westsuffolkccg.nhs.uk (our “Website”). This includes information provided when ordering from us or completing our enquiry form. This typically includes your name, your organisation’s name, your position, email address, business address and contact telephone number. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- The WSCCG may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, web server statistics, traffic data, location data and details of the web pages and resources that you access.
Our use of IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to analyse aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to user needs.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data that you transmit to our site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict internal procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
There are various facilities within this web site which allow you to type in information and send it to WSCCG. You should be aware that such transmissions are not subject to any encryption and could, in theory, be intercepted and read by someone. Therefore you may wish to avoid including information which you consider to be private. Any information you supply to WSCCG via this web site will be handled in accordance with the WSCCG policies and procedures for data protection.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of WSCCG cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us.
When we might disclose your data to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a very limited number of circumstances:
- Where we engage the business services of a third party to provide services directly to the WSCCG. For example, we may use a mailing house to email promotional materials such as our email newsletter. Rest assured that any third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WSCCG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our clients and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Data protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.