Since May 2016, the organisations involved in the Felixstowe Connect Integrated Neighbourhood Team (INT) have been working closer together to provide the right mix of support in a more efficient and timely manner to meet people’s needs.
To date, there have been many good news stories where local people are feeling the benefits and further improvements will be made as the Connect way of working continues to develop. These include:
- GPs and Adult and Community Services working together
Through Connect, there is now good joint work between GPs and Adult and Community Services. Regular Adult Community Services Drop-In Clinics have been set up across four practices in the Felixstowe Area:- Grove Medical Centre, Walton Surgery, Howard House Surgery and Haven Health GP Practice. Patients can call their practice to book in to see a Social Worker to discuss their situation and a range of issues including:
- Help with accessing care and support where appropriate.
- Advice on a range of topics, for example – financial advice about the costs of care.
- Information about organisations that could give you the advice and support you need.
- Multi-Agency meetings held in a number of settings
Suffolk Community Health and Adult Community Services are working together to make sure that where appropriate, multi-agency meetings are held at the most convenient place for the people needing support. Often, professionals meet together with the family within their home to work with them to identify all their needs and to work out a joint plan on how to offer the best support to meet those needs.
One of the aims of Connect is to help people be aware of what support is available in their local community to help them and their families lead a healthy and active life.
Below you will find links to websites which have information on services, groups and events in your local area.
Health services and support
- GP surgeries
Contact reception at The Grove to book the Adult Community Service Clinic
- Minor Injuries Unit
- Spring Waters Pregnancy Advice Centre
- Health support groups
- Felixstowe Town Council
- Felixstowe Library
- Citizen’s Advice
- Salvation Army – offer a range of services including an emergency food store, help with gas/electric, furniture, Credit Union, English conversation class; listening ear.
- Felixstowe Leisure Centre
- Brackenbury Sports Centre
- Children’s Centres
- Help to stay at home
- Churches and Faith groups
- Community Transport
Community groups and activities
Local village and parish council websites
- Brightwell, Foxhall & Purdis Farm
- Kirton and Falkenham
- Levington and Stratton Hall
- Trimley St Martin
- Trimley St Mary
If you run a group that is not here and would like to include it on the Suffolk InfoLink directory please register and add the details HERE.
Would you find other links useful?
We will continue to add useful links to this page and welcome any suggestions that you may have. Please email details to: email@example.com
Countywide organisations and support
Additional contact details and links to useful websites can be found on our Contacts/Help page which aims to help you find the specific support you need across Suffolk.